The department has well equipped laboratory facilities for research.
- Electrophysiological investigations: Axxonet software and polygraph, oscilloscope, Differential preamplifiers, Window discriminator with spike-2 analysis, etc. Inverted microscope fitted with Narashige manipulator, Axon intracellular recording amplifier and a vibration free table are available for recording electrical activity from cultured neurons. In-vivo electrophysiological recording and slice electrophysiology to study Long-term Potentiation and Long term Depression.
- Behavioural studies: Stereotaxy, Stimulators/Lesion maker/Skinner box to carry out operant learning, Startle chamber, Nose poke chamber, T-maze for spatial learning, Radial arm maze, Elevated plus maze, Morris water maze, Rotarod, Open field, Fear conditioning etc.
- Biochemical studies: RTPCR, HPLC with EC detector and Clarity chromatography data station, Spectrophotometer.
- Tissue culture: Laminar flow hood, CO2 Incubator, Fluorescence and inverted microscopes.
- Histology: Vibratome, freeze and sledge microtomes etc to carry out various histological procedures.
- Confocal laser scanning microscopy: Immunohistochemistry and immunocytochemistry.
- Clinical electrophysiological investigations: We have state of art autonomic lab to evaluate various role of the autonomic nervous system in health and disease. 16 channel data acquisition system to evaluate Heart rate Variability (HRV), conventional cardiac autonomic functions tests. Finometer to evaluate to Blood pressure variability (BPV) and Baroreceptor sensitivity (BRS). QSART measurements; Pulmonary function unit to evaluate pulmonary functions in neuropsychiatric disorder.
- Human Studies: Nihon Kohden and Galileo 32 channel Polysomnography systems, Neuroscan 64 channel cap based EEG, ERP with stimulus presentation system, Polhemus digitizer, EGI 128 channel sensornet based EEG and ERP with stimulus presentation system.
The department also makes use of shared lab resources such as fMRI & SPECT imaging, Biochemical assays, Genetic studies, etc. in collaboration with other departments.