- Abhijit S, Tripathi SJ, Bhagya V, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Subramanyam MV, Asha Devi S (2018). Antioxidant action of grape seed polyphenols and aerobic exercise in improving neuronal number in the hippocampus is associated with decrease in lipid peroxidation
and hydrogen peroxide in adult and middle-aged rats. Experimental Gerontology 101:101-112.
- Baruah S, Deepika A, Shukla D, Devi BI, Preethish-Kumar V, Sathyaprabha TN. Demonstration of autonomic dysfunction in traumatic brachial plexus injury using quantitative sudomotor axon reflex test: Preliminary results. Neurol India. 2017 Nov-Dec;65(6):1317-1321.
- Bhagya VR, Srikumar BN, Veena J, Shankaranarayana Rao BS. (2017) Short-term exposure to enriched environment rescues chronic stress-induced impaired hippocampal synaptic plasticity, anxiety, and memory deficits. Journal of Neuroscience Research 95(8):1602-1610.
- Bristow LJ, Gulia J, Weed MR, Srikumar BN, ….. Sinz M. (2017) Preclinical Characterization of (R)-3-((3S,4S)-3-fluoro-4-
(4-hydroxyphenyl)piperidin-1-yl)-1-(4-methylbenzyl)pyrr olidin-2- one (BMS-986169), a Novel, Intravenous,
Glutamate N-Methyl-d-Aspartate 2B Receptor Negative Allosteric Modulator with Potential in Major Depressive Disorder.
Journal of Pharmacology and Experimental Therapeutics 363(3):377-393. 45
- Carta M, Srikumar BN, Gorlewicz A, Rebola N, Mulle C. (2018) Activity-dependent control of NMDA receptor subunit composition at hippocampal mossy fibre synapses. Journal of Physiology 596(4):703-716.
- Deepika A, Devi BI, Shukla D, Sathyaprabha TN, Christopher R, Ramesh SS. Neuroimmunology of Traumatic Brain Injury: A Longitudinal Study of Interdependency of Inflammatory Markers and Heart Rate Variability in Severe Traumatic Brain Injury. J Neurotrauma. Mar 23. 2018 doi: 10.1089/neu.2017.5151.
- Ghahremani A, Wessel JR, Udupa K, Neagu B, Zhuang P, Saha U, Hodaie M, Kalia SK, Lozano AM, Chen R. Stopping and slowing of manual and spoken responses: similar oscillatory signatures recorded from the subthalamic nucleus. Brain and Language Nov 7; 176: 1-10.
- K. Anshu, A.K. Nair, U.D. Kumaresan, B. M. Kutty, S. Srinath, T. R. Laxmi, Altered attentional processing in male and female rats in a prenatal valproic acid exposure model of ASD, Autism Research, 10 (12):1929-1944, 2017. PMID: 28851114.
- Kakumanu JR, Nair AK, Venugopal R, Sasidharan A, Ghosh PK, John JP, Mehrotra S, Panth R, Kutty BM. Dissociating meditation proficiency and experience dependent EEG changes during traditional Vipassana meditation practice. Biological psychology. 2018 Mar 8.
- Khanna M, Rawat N, Gupta A, Nagappa M, Taly AB, Rukmani M R, Sathyaprabha T N, Haldar P. Pulmonary involvement in patients with Guillain–Barré syndrome in subacute phase. J Neurosci Rural Pract 2017;8:412-6
- Mal K, Abhishekh HA, Chawla MP, Raju TR, Sathyaprabha TN. Influence of age and gender on the function of postganglionic sympathetic sudomotor axons. Natl Med J India. 2017 MayJun;30(3):136-138
- Marcin LR, Warrier J, Thangathirupathy S, …….Srikumar BN, Kuchibhotla VK, Naidu PS, Paschapur M, Kalidindi N, et al. (2018) BMS-986163, a Negative Allosteric Modulator of GluN2B with Potential Utility in Major Depressive Disorder. ACS Medicinal Chemistry Letters In Press.
- Mishra PS, Vijayalakshmi K, Nalini A, Sathyaprabha TN, Kramer BW, Alladi PA, Raju TR. Etiogenic factors present in the cerebrospinal fluid from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients induce predominantly pro-inflammatory responses in microglia. J Neuroinflammation. 2017 Dec 16;14(1):251.
- Mythri RB, Raghunath NR, Narwade SC, Pandareesh MDR, Sabitha KR, Aiyaz M, Chand B, Sule M, Ghosh K, Kumar S, Shankarappa B, Soundararajan S, Alladi PA, Purushottam M, Gayathri N, Deobagkar DD, Laxmi TR, Srinivas Bharath MM. Manganese- and 1-methyl-4-
phenylpyridinium-induced neurotoxicity display differences in morphological, electrophysiological and genome-wide alterations: implications for idiopathic Parkinson's disease. J Neurochem. 2017 Nov;143(3):334-358. doi: 10.1111/jnc.14147
- Nagendra RP, Sulekha S, Sasidharan A, Sathyaprabha TN, Pradhan N, et al. (2017) Vipassana Meditation Practices Enhance the Parasympathetic Activity during Sleep: a Case-Control Study of Heart Rate Variability across Sleep Cycles. Int J Complement Alt Med 5(2): 00145. DOI:10.15406/ijcam.2017.05.00145
- Ni Z, Kim SJ, Phielipp N, Ghosh S, Udupa K, Gunraj C, Saha U, Hodaie M, Kalia SK, Lozano AM, Lee DJ, Moro E, Fasano A, Hallett M, Lang AE, Chen R. Pallidal deep brain stimulation modulates cortical excitability and plasticity. Annals of Neurology, 2018; 83: 352–362. 46
- Priya V, Srikumar BN, Shankaranarayana Rao BS. (2018) Contrasting effects of pre-training on acquisition of operant and radial arm maze tasks in rats. Journal of Integrative Neuroscience In Press.
- S. N. Suresh, Aravinda K. Chavalmane, Vidyadhara DJ, Haorei Yarreiphang, Shashank Rai, Abhik Paul, James P Clement, Phalguni Anand Alladi and Ravi Manjithaya. A novel autophagy modulator 6-Bio ameliorates SNCA/α-synuclein toxicity. 2017, Autophagy, 2017 Jul 3 28:0.
- Sasidharan A, Kumar S, John JP, Philip M, Subramanian S, Jain S, Kutty BM. Elevated serum adenosine deaminase levels in neuroleptic-naive patients with recent-onset schizophrenia. Asian journal of psychiatry. 2017 Oct 1;29:13-5.
- Sasidharan A, Kumar S, Nair AK, Lukose A, Marigowda V, John JP, Kutty BM. Further evidences for sleep instability and impaired spindle-delta dynamics in schizophrenia: a whole-night polysomnography study with neuroloop-gain and sleep-cycle analysis. Sleep medicine. 2017 Oct 1;38:1-3.
- Seshagiri DV, Botta R, Sasidharan A, Pal PK, Jain S, Yadav R, Kutty BM. Assessment of Sleep Spindle Density among Genetically Positive Spinocerebellar Ataxias Types 1, 2, and 3 Patients. Annals of Neurosciences. 2018;25(2):106-11.
- Seshagiri DV, Sasidharan A, Kumar G, Pal PK, Jain S, Kutty BM, Yadav R. Challenges in sleep stage R scoring in patients with autosomal dominant spinocerebellar ataxias (SCA1, SCA2 and SCA3) and oculomotor abnormalities: a whole night polysomnographic evaluation.
Sleep medicine. 2018 Feb 1;42:97-102.
- Shanmukha Shruthi, Nalini A, Gayathri N, Phalguni Anand Alladi and Trichur R Raju. Skeletal muscle contribution to Sporadic Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (SALS) – a study on rat neonates exposed to Cerebrospinal fluid from SALS patients 2018. (MS accepted in Disease
models and Mechanisms journal, in press)
- Shilpa BM, Bhagya V, Harish G, Srinivas Bharath MM, Shankaranarayana Rao BS. (2017) Environmental enrichment ameliorates chronic immobilisation stress-induced spatial learning deficits and restores the expression of BDNF, VEGF, GFAP and glucocorticoid receptors. Progress in Neuropsychopharmacology and Biological Psychiatry 76:88-100.
- Singh NM, Sathyaprabha TN, Malthish K, Thirthalli J, Andrade C. Early and late postictal cardiac electrophysiological changes associated with low, moderate, and high dose electroconvulsive shocks. Asian J Psychiatr. 2018 Mar 2;33:78-83. doi:10.1016/j.ajp.2018.03.001
- Srikumar BN, Paschapur M, Kalidindi N, Adepu B, Das ML, Sreedhara MV, Kuchibhotla VK, Pieschl RL, Li YW, Ega DSP, Louis JV, Murugesan S, Naidu PS, Ramarao M, Bristow LJ, Vikramadithyan RK. (2017) Characterization of the adrenocorticotrophic hormone - induced mouse model of resistance to antidepressant drug treatment. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 161:53-61.
- Subhadeep D, B.N. Srikumar, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Bindu M. Kutty (2017) Exposure to short photoperiod regime reduces ventral subicular lesion-induced anxiety-like behavior in Wistar rats. Physiology and Behavior. 170 : 124-132.
- Sunil Jamuna Tripathi, Suwarna Chakraborty, BN Srikumar, TR Raju and BS Shankaranarayana Rao (2017) Inactivation of Basolateral Amygdala Prevents Chronic Immobilization Stress induced Memory Impairment and Associated Changes in Corticosterone Levels.
Neurobiology of Learning and Memory 142:218-229.
- Sunil Jamuna Tripathi, Suwarna Chakraborty, BN Srikumar, TR Raju and BS Shankaranarayana Rao (2017). Prevention of Chronic Immobilization Stress-induced Enhanced Expression of 47 Glucocorticoid Receptors in the Prefrontal Cortex by Inactivation of Basolateral Amygdala. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy. In Press. DOI: 10.1016/j.jchemneu.2017.12.006
- Sunil Jamuna Tripathi, Suwarna Chakraborty, BN Srikumar, TR Raju and BS Shankaranarayana Rao (2018). Inactivation of Basolateral Amygdala Prevents Stress-Induced Astroglial Loss in the Prefrontal Cortex. Molecular Neurobiology. In Press. DOI: 10.1007/s12035-018-1057-1)
- Vrinda M, Arun S, Srikumar BN, Kutty BM, Shankaranarayana Rao BS. (2018) Temporal lobe epilepsy-induced neurodegeneration and cognitive deficits: Implications for aging. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy In Press.
- Vrinda M, Sasidharan A, Aparna S, Srikumar BN, Kutty BM, Shankaranarayana Rao BS. (2017) Enriched environment attenuates behavioral seizures and depression in chronic temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia 58(7):1148-1158.
- Sumitha Rajendrarao, Manjunatha M Venkataswamy, Sabitha K Rajesh, Phalguni A.Alladi, A. Nalini, Laxmi T Rao, B. K. Chandrasekhar Sagar, Harry W.M. Steinbusch, Boris W. Kramer, T.N. Sathyaprabha, Trichur R. Raju (2018). Cerebrospinal Fluid from patients with Sporadic Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis induces degeneration of Motor Neurons derived from Human Embryonic Stem Cells. Molecular Neurobiology.
- Venugopal, R., Sasidharan, A., Marigowda, V., Kumar, G., Nair, A.K., Sharma, S., Mukundan, C.S. and Kutty, B.M. (2018) Beyond hypnograms: Assessing sleep stability using acoustic and electrical stimulation. Neuromodulation
- Kumar, Gulshan, Arun Sasidharan ,Ajay Kumar Nair and Bindu M. Kutty(2018) Efficacy of the combination of cognitive training and acous-tic stimulation in eliciting lucid dreams during undisturbed sleep: A pilot study using polysomnography, dream reports and questionnaires. International Journal of Dream Research
- Ajay Kumar Nair, John P. John, Seema Mehrotra, Bindu M. Kutty (2018). What contributes to wellbeing gains – proficiency or duration of meditation related practices? International Journal of Wellbeing
- D J, Vidyadhara & Sasidharan, Arun & Kutty, Bindu & Raju, Trichur & Alladi, Phalguni. (2018). Admixing MPTP-resistant and MPTP-vulnerable mice enhances striatal field potentials and Calbindin-D28K expression to avert motor behaviour deficits. Behavioural Brain Research. 360.
- Bhaduri, Bidisha & Abhilash, P.L. & Alladi, Phalguni. (2018). Baseline Striatal and Nigral interneuronal protein levels in two distinct mice strains differ in accordance with their MPTP susceptibility. Journal of Chemical Neuroanatomy.