- Pawlak R, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Melchor JP, Chattarji S, McEwen BS and Strickland S (2005) Tissue plasminogen activator and plasminogen mediate stress-induced decline of neuronal and cognitive functions in the mouse hippocampus. PNAS (USA) 102 (50): 18201-18206.
- Bindu B, Rekha J, Bindu M. Kutty (2005) Post insult enriched housing improves the 8 arm radial maze performance but not the morris water maze task in ventral subicular lesioned rats. Brain Research. 1063:121-131.
- Sathyaprabha TN, Kapavarapu PK, P K Pal, Thennarasu K, T R Raju (2005) Pulmonary functions in Parkinson’s disease: beneficial effect of levodopa. Indian Journal of Chest Diseases and Allied Sciences. 47: 251-257.
- Shankaranarayana Rao BS and Raju TR (2006) Neuronal plasticity in developing and adult nervous system. In: Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Thakur MK and Prasad S (eds.), Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, India. 2005; 3-17.
- Srikumar BN, Raju TR, Shankaranarayana Rao BS(2006) The involvement of cholinergic and noradrenergic systems in the behavioral recovery following oxotremorine treatment to chronically stressed rats. Neuroscience 143: 679-688
- Govindarajan A, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Deepti Nair, Mimi Trinh, Nadya Mawjee, Susumu Tonegawa and Sumantra Chattarji(2006) Transgenic brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression causes both anxiogenic and antidepressant effects. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences (USA) 103(35): 13208-13213.
- Sathyaprabha TN, Satishchandra P, Netravathi K, Sinha S, Thennarasu K, Raju TR (2006) Cardiac autonomic dysfunctions in chronic refractory epilepsy. Epilepsy Res. 72(1):49-56.
- Rani SB, Mahadevan A, Anilkumar SR, Raju TR, Shankar SK. (2006) Expression of nestin-a stem cell associated intermediate filament in human CNS tumours. Indian J Med Res. 124(3):269-80.
- Shankaranarayana Rao BS and Raju TR (2006) Neuronal plasticity in developing and adult nervous system. In: Molecular and Cellular Neurobiology, Thakur MK and Prasad S (eds.), Narosa Publishing House Pvt. Ltd, New Delhi, India. 3-17.
- Shankar SK and Shankaranarayana Rao BS (2006) Commentary : Effect of myocardial ischaemia and reperfusion on brain. Indian Journal of Medical Research 123(2): 111-114.
- Sulekha S, Kandavel Thennarasu, A. Vedamurthachar, TR.Raju and Bindu M. Kutty (2006) Evaluation of Sleep architecture in Practitioners of Sudarshan Kriya Yoga and Vipassana Meditation. Sleep and Biological Rhythms 4:207-214.
- Raju TR, Mansoor Ali Khan, Phalguni Anand Alladi (2006) Stem cells in Neurology. In Proceedings of CME Program on Stem Cells in War and Peace - an update. 101-109. [PDF]
- Bennur S, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Pawlak R, Strickland S, McEwen BS and Chattarji S (2007) Stress-induced spine loss in the medial amygdala is mediated by tissue-plasminogen activator. Neuroscience 144 (1): 8-16.
- Bindu B, Alladi PA, Mansooralikhan BM, Srikumar BN, Raju TR, Kutty BM. (2007) Short-term exposure to an enriched environment enhances dendritic branching but not brain-derived neurotrophic factor expression in the hippocampus of rats with ventral subicular lesions. Neuroscience 144(2):412-23.
- Titus AD, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Harsha HN, Ramkumar K, Srikumar BN, Singh SB, Chattarji S, Raju TR (2007) Hypobaric hypoxia-induced dendritic atrophy of hippocampal neurons is associated with cognitive impairment in adult rats. Neuroscience 145(1):265-278.
- Udupa K, Sathyaprabha TN, Thirthalli J, Kishore KR, Lavekar GS, Raju TR, Gangadhar BN (2007) Alteration of cardiac autonomic functions in patients with major depression: A study using heart rate variability measures. J Affect Disord. 100(1-3):137-141.
- Shobha K, Vijayalakshmi K, Alladi PA, Nalini A, Sathyaprabha TN, Raju TR (2007) Altered in-vitro and in-vivo expression of glial glutamate transporter-1 following exposure to cerebrospinal fluid of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients. J Neurol Sci. 254(1-2):9-16.
- Ramamohan PY, Gourie-Devi M, Nalini A, Shobha K, Ramamohan Y, Joshi P, Raju TR (2007) Cerebrospinal fluid from amyotrophic lateral sclerosis patients causes fragmentation of the Golgi apparatus in the neonatal rat spinal cord. Amyotroph Lateral Scler 8(2):79-82.
- Srikumar BN, Raju TR, Shankaranarayana Rao BS (2007) Contrasting effects of bromocriptine on learning of a partially baited radial arm maze task in the presence and absence of restraint stress. Psychopharmacology (Berl). 193(3):363-374.
- Hayashi ML, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Seo JS, Choi HS, Dolan BM, Choi SY, Chattarji S, Tonegawa S (2007) Inhibition of p21-activated kinase rescues symptoms of fragile X syndrome in mice. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences (USA) 104(27):11489-94.
- Dhanushkodi A, Bindu B, Raju TR, Kutty BM (2007) Exposure to enriched environment improves spatial learning performances and enhances cell density but not choline acetyltransferase activity in the hippocampus of ventral subicular-lesioned rats. Behav Neurosci. 121(3):491-500
- Pal PK, Sathyaprabha TN, Tuhina P, Thennarasu K. (2007) Pattern of subclinical pulmonary dysfunctions in Parkinson's disease and the effect of levodopa. Mov Disord. 2007 Feb 15;22(3):420-4.
- Udupa K, Sathyaprabha TN, Thirthalli J, Kishore KR, Raju TR, Gangadhar BN (2007) Modulation of cardiac autonomic functions in patients with major depression treated with repetitive transcranial magnetic stimulation. J Affect Disord.
- Bhagya V, Srikumar BN, Raju TR, Shankaranarayana Rao BS (2007) Neonatal clomipramine induced endogenous depression in rats is associated with learning impairment in adulthood. Behav Brain Res.
- Anuradha H, Srikumar BN, Shankaranarayana Rao BS, Lakshmana M (2007) Euphorbia hirta Reverses Chronic Stress-Induced Anxiety and Mediates its Action Through the GABAA Receptor Benzodiazepine Receptor-Cl- Channel Complex. Journal of Neural Transmission.
- Ramkumar K, Srikumar BN, Shankaranarayana Rao BS and Raju TR (2007) Self-stimulation rewarding experience restores stress-induced ca3 dendritic atrophy, spatial memory deficits and alterations in the levels of neurotransmitters in the hippocampus. Neurochemical Research.
- Sathyaprabha TN, Satishchandra P, Cauchy Pradhan, Sinha S, Thennarasu K, BTC Murthy and Raju TR (2007) Modulation of Cardiac Autonomic Balance with Adjuvant Yoga Therapy in Patients with Refractory Epilepsy. Epilepsy and Behaviour.
- Cauchy Pradhan, TN Sathyaprabha, PK Pal(2007) Spinocerebellar Ataxias Type 1, 2 and 3: A Study of Heart Rate Variability. Acta Neurologica Scandinavica.