Neethi explained the current understanding of neurogenesis in the Sub Granular Zone of DG and the Sub Ventricular Zone of lateral ventricles as well as the impact of neurotherapeutics on neurogenesis. Currently there is no consensus if neurogenesis plays a causal role or is an after-effect in the treatment of neuropsychiatric disorders through antidepressants or ECS.
- Abrous DN, Koehl M, Le MM (2005) Adult neurogenesis: from precursors to network and physiology. Physiol Rev 85: 523-569
- Ming GL, Song H (2005) Adult neurogenesis in the mammalian central nervous system.Annu Rev Neurosci 28: 223-250
- Malberg JE, Eisch AJ, Nestler EJ, Duman RS (2000) Chronic antidepressant treatment increases neurogenesis in adult rat hippocampus. J Neurosci 20: 9104-9110.
- Chunmei Zhao,Wei Deng, and Fred H. Gage, 2008. Mechanisms and Functional Implications of Adult Neurogenesis. Cell 132, 645–660.
- Amelia J. Eisch, et al., 2008. Adult Neurogenesis, Mental Health, and Mental Illness: Hope or Hype?J. Neurosci.,.28(46):11785–11791
- van Praag H, Kempermann G, Gage FH (2000) Neural consequences of environmental enrichment. Nat Rev Neurosci 1: 191-198.